- March 13, 2015 MinnPost Article "The Ins and Outs of Public and Otherwise Affordable Housing"
Full Text >
- August 13, 2013 Spotlight on the PHA's Project-Based Assistance Program from The Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH)
- May 1, 2013 KSTP.com article re: PHA Finishes Installing Sprinklers in High-Rise Buildings
- April 2013 Spotlight on The Home Ownership Made Easy (HOME) Program from the Affordable Housing Collaboration in Minnesota Series. How 500+ families moved from public housing to sustainable homeownership.
- April 30, 2013 TwinCities.com article re: St. Paul Fire Chief to Honor Workers Who Installed Sprinklers in Public Housing
- April 15, 2013 MinnPost article re: After Six Years, She Finally Got Section 8 Housing - and Then Lost It
- April 11, 2013 Minneapolis Star-Tribune article re: Federal Rent Subsidies Vanish for Many Low-Income Minnesotans
- November 29, 2012 Pioneer Press newspaper article re: Nonprofit Helps Needy Kids Get Free Bikes
Full Text >
- November 29, 2012 MinnPost article re: Bikes for Needy Kids
Full Text >
- November 15, 2010 Twin Cities Daily Planet article re: The next generation of public housing: A closer look at the “Rental Housing Revitalization Act”
- March 7, 2009 Pioneer Press newspaper article re: economic stimulus funds
- July 23, 2008 Workday Minnesota article re: add public housing to the disinvestment crisis
- June 30, 2008 Pioneer Press newspaper article re: affordability is tough sell in suburbia
- August 24, 2006 Pioneer Press newspaper article re: public housing shortfalls
- May 14, 2004 Minnesota Public Radio article re: Section 8 Cuts Sow Fear Among Poor Families
- Thank You Letters November 21, 2012 to Senator Cohen and Minnesota Housing for 2012 G.O. Bond/Publicly Owned Housing Program (POHP); Economic Development and Housing Challenge Program for Multi-Family Housing (EDHC-MF)
- June 2014 PHA Executive Director Jon Gutzmann's Presentation at CLPHA's Summer Meeting: "Housing and Health Go Hand In Hand." Panel discussion of strategies for developing sustainable partnerships with the health care system. The panel ended with a collaborative discussion of the replicability of health initiatives, sparked by Mr. Gutzmann's presentation.
Link to Presentation >
Link to CLPHA article >
- March 27, 2013 History of St. Paul Public Housing Agency. The video includes narration and photos.
- March 26, 2013 - Professor Edward Goetz and Executive Director Jon Gutzmann spoke about the value of and ongoing need for public housing, and about St. Paul as an example of how public housing can work. They also discussed the challenges of continuing to run public housing at a time when federal resources are being withdrawn.
Slide Show Presentation
- Presentations to MN NAHRO Spring Conference, May 27, 2011, "Writing Policies for Public Housing and Section 8 Voucher Programs". PHA Housing Policy Director Al Hester, Section 8 Programs Manager Dominic Mitchell and Program Coordinator Alicia Huckleby discussed the distinction between policies and procedures and suggested approaches for writing new policies. Writing and interpreting policies on reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities was one of the featured topics.
- Presentation to the Mayor January 2006
- Presentation to PHA Board February 23, 2005; "HOME" homeownership program, 15-year overview.
- Presentation to St. Paul City Council PHA Overview and Housing Policy Issues, February 23, 2005
- November 30, 2015 St. Paul Public Housing Agency rises to the public need of the future: “10 hi-rises powered by 100% solar energy”
- January 29, 2015 St. Paul Public Housing Agency seeks renewable energy opportunities: "going green and saving money."
- October 23, 2014 announcing Minnesota Housing Finance Agency awarded $1,080,000 to St. Paul Public Housing Agency to construct twelve new homes at McDonough Homes family development
- September 4, 2014 announcing ground breaking for four new homes at St. Paul Public Housing Agency's Mt. Airy Homes family development.
- September 3, 2013 announcing ground breaking for six new homes at St. Paul Public Housing Agency's Roosevelt Townhomes family development.
- April 30, 2013 announcing that St. Paul Fire Department Chief will recognize the PHA For 20 year fire sprinkler program
- April 2, 2013 announcing the modernization of St. Paul Public Housing Agency's Dunedin Terrace family development.
- May 8, 2012 announcing that Saint Paul Public Housing Agency was named "Community Partner of the Year" by Metro State University.
- December 13, 2011 announcing the PHA's properties are in excellent condition; PHA earns HUD's "High Performer" ratings - again; also recognized for excellence in financial reporting
- June 10, 2011 announcing the PHA's donation of historic book to St. Paul Public Library; book shows City planned public housing on the current Mt. Airy site in the 1930s
- June 30, 2010 announcing the PHA wins HUD's "High Performer" ratings and also recognized for excellence in financial reporting
- June 30, 2010 announcing $198,657 for new housing vouchers for homeless veterans
- July 28, 2009 announcing $1 million for new housing vouchers for homeless veterans, reuniting families and homeless youth
- June 5, 2009 press event summary announcing contract awards of over $11 Million in Recovery Act and other capital funding.
- May 28, 2009 press event announcing contract awards of over $11 Million in Recovery Act and other capital funding.
- May 15, 2009 announcing contract awards for $11 Million; obligates 100% of PHA’s Federal Stimulus Grant.
- March 10, 2008 recognizing Saint Paul Public Housing Agency for excellence in financial reporting.
- August 24, 2006 re: press conference on public housing funding shortfalls.